If you’re a professional taking your freelance business to the next level, there’s no doubt that you’ll need a contract in-place for larger projects.
Continue reading to learn the basics of what a contract will do for you, and download my sample Freelance Contract and Agreement…
What does the contract do for you?
- May provide legal protection for both you and the client.
- Help clarify what both parties can expect, the scope of work, and deadline.
- Show the client that you are a professional, and that anything between the two of you is safe and will remain confidential.
- Clearly state the payment for the project and how that will be processed.
- States that you’re the professional running a business, and that you’re not an employee for the client.
- Most importantly, the contract will help protect you from any changes in the scope of work and how this will affect the project and it’s agreed upon compensation.
Here are some other resources on the related subject:
- Smashing Magazine: Freelance Contracts – Do’s And Don’ts
- David Airey: Using Freelance Graphic Design Contracts
- AIGA: Standard Form of Agreement for Design Services
*I offer you this generalized sample Freelance Contract and Agreement as a base to work off of. It is not intended to cover each and every situation. You might have a specific situation not included in this sample, and I am in no way responsible for any issues you may come across.*